Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Post Apocalypse



The world as we know it is dead. Millions of people have died during the nuclear war and only thing I was able to save was my Bible. If there was a nuclear war and I could only take one book with me it would have to be my Bible. I’m a Christian and I’m very serious about my faith and the Bible is the most important book on earth to me. I read my Bible every day and I’m learning new things about God every day. The Bible is a key part of Christianity and I would feel lost if I could never read it again. This book has helped me cope with difficult times in my life and it has been a constant source of comfort and guidance. There are many stories in the Bible that I love and have grown up with. David and Goliath is a personal favorite of mine and the stories of King David’s twelve Mighty Men are also some of my favorites.  First Timothy is probably my favorite book of the Bible because it was written to a young man in an environment hostile to Christians. One of the major themes of first Timothy is that even though you may be young it’s never  too early to start making a difference.  The books of Psalms and Proverbs have helped me develop as a person. There are countless wise statements in Proverbs and Psalms is a very emotional book that I can relate to. The Bible is very important to a lot of people and I think that it would be instrumental in helping the coming generations reestablish a just and moral society. There are plenty of good books out there but I think the Bible is the most important one and has given guidance to millions of people throughout history.  

No comments:

Post a Comment